Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Welcome to Adventures in Secondary Science!

Hello all!

Welcome to Adventures in Secondary Science! I am excited to begin this new blogging adventure!

I teach high school science. The subjects change from year to year, so I kept my title very generic. As of today I have taught biology, chemistry, anatomy, AP biology, and earth science.

Here's what you can expect from Adventures in Secondary Science:

  • Technology - I will profile a technology that I use in my classroom. I will only show technologies that I have personally used, and I will tell you my personal pros and cons of each one. I am considered a "digital native", and I pride myself on my use of technology in my classroom.
  • Best Lessons - I will post one activity, lesson, or lab that worked very well each week. If nothing else, this is a lesson in being grateful for the things that go well in my class!
  • Science news - Sometimes things happen in science that I just have to share with the rest of the world. When some awesome science news comes along, I will link it here for you (with permission, of course!).
  • Thoughts and Feels - I do have strong opinions on teaching and learning. Occasionally they might be typed for your viewing pleasure. 

Thank you for your visit! If there is ever any way that I can help you, please contact me!

No comments:

Post a Comment