Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Custom grade book freebie

Hello all!

As a secondary teacher, I often find regular grade books frustrating. The blocks are way too small. Imagine trying to write "photosynthesis and cellular respiration lab report" in one of those teeny, tiny little boxes! It never works. Last year I got frustrated and stopped trying to record grades on paper. I recorded them once in our virtual grade book (powerschool), and that was it.

It does make me nervous to put in grades that way. What if the system crashes? What if I forget to hit "save"? Ahhh so many things can go wrong. This year, I've decided to go back to using both. Instead of struggling with those teeny store bought grade books, I made my own.

Here is a screen shot of what the top of the grade book looks like:


And here is the second page:



There are enough rows for 32 students. On the first page, there are 10 grade columns. On the second page, there are 14 grade columns, for a total of 24 assignments. Because I have trouble looking at all of those rows, I grayed out every other column and also the date and points rows on top. I think that will make it easier for me to read.

Those of you who are interested in this might be thinking "gee, I wish I had something like that". Well, it just so happens that I have this custom grade book on my TpT for free! It is completely editable as well, so you can format it for your own classes.

Click here to get this custom grade book on my TpT!

When you go to copy these into your own grade book, make sure to do it front and back. That way each page opens like a book, just like in those store bought grade books.

Happy grading!
- S

No comments:

Post a Comment